The worlds first and only iPad USB compatible external hard drive.
Well that is what the fast growing HyperShop Claim the HyperDrive Hard Disk to be.
Let’s look at this for a moment, did it say USB…. Yes it certainly did and it is! Wow what a breakthrough or is it?
It certainly is what it claims to be and what’s more the HyperDrive Colour Space model even allows you to save data to an iPad External Hard Drive from memory cards. The ability to be able to transfer files, movies and photos without having to login to your PC or laptop is fantastic.
Let me give you an example of how I have seen it used. A friend of mine is a professional photographer and he is often working on location. He saves all his shots onto memory cards and then has to upload them to his computer by using an external card reader. Well now he just pops the memory card into his iPad external hard drive saves the images to his iPad and shows his clients the shots immediately. His wife who is a wedding photographer is now doing the same and has actually placed 2 iPads in the reception allowing family and guests to see the wedding photographs and place orders the and there!!
This external hard drive has so many features as you can see from the image below:
From memory cards to HyperDrive to the iPad
- You can Directly backup memory cards on to the HyperDrive at speeds up to 2GB per minute without using a computer
- Or if you wish, you can connect HyperDrive as a USB hard drive to the computer to transfer files
- Transfer HD movies, photos and other supported media to the iPad at 1GB/minute speed.
The great news is that this External Hard Drive has a HIGH RESOLUTION 3.2″ COLOR LCD
- Display full screen image, thumbnails or slide shows.
- Built-in fast real RAW image decoder.
- Supports JPEG and all types of RAW including those from medium format cameras.
- New RAW format support can be added via firmware update.
The HyperDrive Color Space model is available in 120GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 64oGB and 750GB
Now for those of us who only want an iPad External Hard Drive that we can save our data to the HyperDrive Hard Drive is the better choice and it is considerably cheaper. Not only is it the World’s only iPad compatible USB hard drive, allowing you to store and transfer up to 1TB of high definition videos and photos to your ipad, it allows you to:
- Navigate hard drive directly with iPad
- **No special app or jailbreak required**
For You technical junkies, have a look at this:
- Model: HyperDrive Hard Drive for iPad
- Dimensions: 135 x 84 x 19mm / 5.3″ x 3.3″ x 0.75″
- Weight: 298g / 10.5oz (with HDD & battery)
- Data Transfer Speed:
- USB (Between Computer and HyperDrive): 66MB/s
- HyperDrive to iPad: 6.2MB/s
- Computer Interface:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Mode via UDMA66
- USB 1.1 backwards compatible
- Battery: User replaceable rechargeable Li-Polymer
- Battery Voltage: 3.7V, 1600mAh
- Battery Performance: Transfer up to 40GB on a single battery charge
- Power: USB to DC (5V, 1000mAh) - USB bus powered when connected to computer (5V, 500mA)
- Hard Drive Capacity:
- 2.5″ SATA/ATA-5, 7.5/9.5/12mm thickness
- 120/160/250/320/500/640/750GB/1TB and above
- (over 128GB, 48-bit LBA mode)
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Mac OS 9.x, 10.x & above
- Included Accessories
- USB cable
- USB to DC charging cable
- User manual